Grants & Form Filling
We support Carers to access grants from a range of grant making trusts and funds. For example our main source is from the Carers Trust as we are a Network Partner. Carers Trust currently has a grant for open for individual adult Carers, aged 16+.
Carers can apply for grants for items or activities that will benefit them in their caring role, for example:
- Breaks for Carers, with or without the person they care for.
- Items for the home including cookers, fridges, beds and washing machines.
- Driving lessons and other travel costs relating to caring roles.
- Courses and materials to develop Carers' skills and personal development.
- Home repairs.
- Short-term or time limited replacement care.
To apply contact Darlington Carers Support so that we can advise you. We will need to complete a supporting statement for you on the application form.
We can also apply to other funders depending on the Carers circumstances.
Our staff have an overall understanding of the benefits system but are unable to fill forms in. However we work closely with other agencies in the area and will be able to signpost you for more advice.
Check whether you can claim Universal Credit below
If you would like more information, click here to contact us and we will be happy to help.