|In County Durham and Darlington there are over 70,000 unpaid adults caring for a relative, friend or neighbour who couldn't manage without their help.We support almost 18,000 Carers. This might be a husband supporting his wife with dementia, a friend supporting someone with a mental health issue or a parent carer looking after a child with autism.
- One third of registered Carers are holding down a job as well as their caring role.
- One third of registered Carers have reported that they are unable to work due to their caring role.
Potentially all of us will be affected by caring at some point in our lives, whether we are the Carer or the person being cared for.
How this affects employers
- Nationally, 1 in 5 Carers give up work due to their caring role. Businesses can easily lose experienced staff.
- Around 1 in 9 workers in the UK have caring responsibilities.
- Carers who provide round the clock care are twice as likely to suffer from ill health as non-carers, but with our support we can help improve this.
- There is a strong probability that your customers and staff are Carers, and that is why we are the right charity partner for you.
We need your support?
Together we can:-
- Help Carers maintain their own identity by remaining in employment whilst fulfilling their
- Reach out to more Carers in County Durham and Darlington.
- Help Carers to access services to improve their own health.
- Help more Carers take a break
- Provide access to groups, peer support, training and social activities.
- Help Carers who feel isolated.
If you would like more information, click here to contact us and we will be happy to help.