Parent Carer Support
Hello, I am Sara Carlton, Project Lead for Parent Carer Support and Development. The Parent Carer Team are funded by the Big Lottery to deliver a 5-year project from September 2014 supporting families of children with disabilities and additional needs. This project started by asking families what the main issues were and what support they needed. The project was then developed around the feedback and the service now offers support to registered Parent Carers with the Service. Our Parent Carer Assessment Workers will speak to Parent Carers registering with us for the first time and offer them an assessment. If more in depth support is needed Parents will be referred on to the Parent Carer Support and Development Workers who will offer:
- Specialist advice, information and support in connection with accessing special education, grants, benefits and a wide range of NHS and other services.
- Support in meetings with professionals, to ensure your voice is heard.
- A range of local support groups.
- Courses, workshops and information to improve knowledge, for example, how to deal with challenging behaviour, or how to look after your own health and wellbeing.
- Working with a wide range of professionals to ensure that Parent Carers are given the recognition they deserve and influence the development of health and social care services.
- The opportunity for Parent Carers to get involved in developing this service as well as wider NHS and Social Care services through meetings, surveys and focus groups.
- In addition to a regular newsletter and website, a specific Facebook group has been set up to enable Parent Carers to have up to recieve up-to-date information; and also offers the opportunity to make comments and discuss current issues.
- Family trips and events throughout the year.
Sara Carlton- 01325 524608 email@example.com
If you would like more information, click here to contact us and we will be happy to help.