Learning Disability Practitioners
"I work in Learning Disabilities"
My name is Susan Garrett and I am the Learning Disability Development Worker. The organisation recognises the need for targeted support for Carers of Adults with a Learning Disability. Alongside supporting Carers with specialist advice and information, I work across the County with agencies to develop the following:
- Raising awareness of the specialist support available to Carers by attending agencies' team meetings, delivering workshops and working one to one with professionals.
- Being a central point of contact for statutory and voluntary sector agencies in the Learning Disability arena to answer questions and promote two-way communications with the service.
- Regular newsletters and bulletins to professionals with local and national news and information.
- Developing partnerships with agencies to offer additional joint services, such as training courses, events and activities.
- Carrying out research and surveys with LD Carers to produce reports, identifying gaps and areas of concern and looking for solutions to the issues.
- Supporting Carers to get involved with strategic meetings, consultations and generally having their voices heard in order to influence strategy and service developments.
I have recently developed an LD Facebook page and this is very successful in keeping Carers and professionals up to date with the latest local and national news and information as well as giving them an opportunity to comment on posts and take part in discussions. You can find this at ……
Susan Garrett - 0191 5006030 firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like more information, click here to contact us and we will be happy to help.